Thursday, March 10, 2011

Banana Muffins/Bread


Banana Muffins   This is the best recipe I've found for banana bread, and I simply modified it to make muffins! My family loves banana bread, but I hate the crumbs that get all over, so I decided to make muffins instead of loaves of bread. I found that by cutting the water in half, I got a perfect muffin batter! And best of all... no crumby mess!!

Banana Bread/Muffins
   1 cup sugar
   ⅓ cup margarine, softened
   2 eggs
   1½ bananas, mashed (overripe work best)
   ⅓ cup water
   1⅔ cups flour
   1 teaspoon baking soda
   ½ teaspoon salt
   ¼ teaspoon baking powder

Mix sugar and margarine. Stir in eggs; then add mashed bananas and water stirring well. Add four, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Put batter in greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.

Optional: You may add nuts; pecans are my favorite.

For muffins, decrease water by half. Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Makes 18 muffins.

Note: To get a really moist banana bread, use over-ripe bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment