Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies   These are a new favorite at our house! I decided that chocolate covered pretzels are yummy, so I used my regular Chocolate Chip Cookie dough recipe and just replaced the nuts with pieces of crushed pretzels. I used miniature pretzels, but any small or thin pretzel would work. Try to get your pretzel pieces no larger than ¼”. I just placed all my pretzels in a plastic bag and began crushing! This would be a fun part for the kids to do.
   Follow the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe's baking instructions, but I did find that they bake better when the dough balls are slightly flattened before being baked. Let them cool about a minute before removing from baking sheets to cooling rake. These come out a beautiful golden brown, and have a fun crunchy texture!

No comments:

Post a Comment